WordPress Plug-ins Recommended by Corporate Marketing Team
We use WordPress plug-ins to improve the functionality and to create websites that are optimized for the search engines. In the past a web developers or search engine specialist would have to manually submit a new .xml sitemap to Google, Yahoo, and Bing every time any new content whether that content is text, an image, or a video to a website. WordPress developers have created plug-ins or extension that will handle most of the search engine optimization (SEO) work for you.
Here is a list of WordPress Plug-ins that we use on every website we develop:
- All In One SEO Pack – this plug-in automatically adds the title and description to your meta-tags, all you need to do is add 5 or less keywords or key phrases.
- Clicky for WordPress – in our opinion this is the best analytics program for the money on the market.
- Exclude Pages – we use this plug-in to exclude pages from navigation.
- FeedWordPress – we use this plug-in for simple and flexible RSS / Syndication of our websites
- WordPress Form Manager – we use this plug-in to create custom contact and information collecting forms.
- Google Analytics for WordPress – if you want to rank on Google you need Google Analytics on each and every page, post, image, and video of your website this plug-in will get that done for you.
- Google XML Sitemaps – every time you add new content to your site this plug-in will automatically update your .xml sitemap and send the content to the search engines.
- NextGen Gallery – is great for adding images in a gallery, album or slideshow.
- PageMash – is great for organizing the pages of your website into a coherent order in the WordPress Dashboard.
- Recaptcha – is great for eliminating unwanted spam from form submissions.
- ShareDaddy – is the easiest way to add social media sharing options to your posts and pages.
- Social Media Widget – is the best way to add social media widgets to your footer or sidebar.
- Spam Free WordPress – is the easiest way to block spam on any comments left on your posts.
- Twitter Tools – Why spend your time posting on your website and Twitter? With this plug-in anything posted to your website will be automatically cross-posted to Twitter as well.
- W3 Total Cache – improves the speed in which the pages, posts, and images load on your website, improving the user experience.
- WPStoreCart – The best most uncomplicated shopping cart for WordPress websites